Uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription. Sadly, the subscription services offered by Android and iOS are not that obvious to use when unsubscribing. Fortunately, once you know the steps, it is quite straightforward. To unsubscribe, please do the following:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings, then iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
If you don’t see a subscription but are still being charged, make sure that you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly with the provider and not through iTunes. In this case, contact the content publisher or app developer directly to cancel your subscription.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription offering, or tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Tap Menu Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
If you have a subscription with an app and the app gets removed from Google Play, your future subscription will be canceled. Your past subscriptions will not be refunded.